Sunday, June 24, 2012

Second Day, Same As The First

Hi Everyone!

Ok, well here we are at day two on my launch into Bloggerdom. So far I've done a lot of fussing with the layout and graphics, etc. But over all I'd have to say I'm pretty pleased with how it's shaping up. I added some links to get us started on the left to some of my favorite sites where I go to get information or inspiration.

Pinterest is a place I spend a lot of time on my phone; soon I will grab some of the best stuff I've pinned and share it here, hopefully I'll have that done in the next couple of days.

I'll eventually add Facebook on here too. Groan all you want.

So let's have a hobby topic to start us off, and since it's summer, I think a good one would be food. I'm having a hard time with cooking or baking because of the heat so we've been eating a lot of fruit. Has anyone tried this recipe? I will try it tomorrow and let y'all know how it turns out!

Grilled Peaches

Barbequed Peaches Recipe








Ingredients Needed:
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 large fresh peaches with peel, halved and pitted
  • 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
How To:

 In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the white sugar, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Simmer until liquid has reduced by one half. It should become slightly thicker. Remove from heat, and set aside.             

Preheat grill for medium-high heat.        

Lightly oil the grill grate. Place peaches on the prepared grill, cut side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the flesh is caramelized. Turn peaches over. Brush the top sides with the balsamic glaze, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.               

Transfer the peach halves to individual serving dishes, and drizzle with remaining glaze. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.


Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 147 | Total Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 13mg

Source: Allrecipes.com, retrieved June 24, 2012 from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-peaches/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=grilled%20peaches&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

No comments:

Post a Comment