Thursday, October 24, 2013

Entre-Interesting

I've finally started the entrelac scarf for my sister-in-law, Vanessa. I am hoping it will be a great welcome home gift when she and her husband and new baby return to the States from Okinawa. 

Here is the completed base triangles and tier one of this very complex pattern:


So far there is not a lot of variegation to the Mauna Loa yarn but I can see that this will be quite lovely when completed and blocked. More updates to come as I head off for tier two. Again, I could not do this if not for the excellent video tutorial at Very Pink a knits on YouTube. See my previous entrelac post for the links!

In other news, on Friday I will be washing wool with my friend Ginger to prepare it for the carding process. I'll take photos of the entire process and post here, from sheep to yarn. 

And...my first novel Sideshow is currently in its fourth revision edition. I think we worked out all the issues from transferring electronic files to print . I ended up with several proof copies as a result. Congratulations to Sara Daniels and Kevin Kirk for winning the two spare copies. But don't worry ! If you missed it on Facebook, there's a giveaway on Goodreads through mid-November.

So tell me: made any crafts lately? What's on your "to-read" shelf? 

1 comment:

  1. Your book is on my list! And why didn't you tell me I should be watching facebook to win a copy? What kind of friend does that? LOL

    I made my first quilt, getting ready to attempt my first ever piece of clothing.

    ReplyDelete