Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ocean Waves Scarf

I finally finished my Ocean Waves scarf. It was meant as a birthday present for a friend way back in April but it ended up making a lovely bridal shower gift. Hey, something blue, right?!

The pattern is simple: CO 21 stitches, size 10 straights or circulars. Knit 3; turn. Knit 3. Turn and knit 6. Turn; knit 6. Turn again and knit 9. Turn; knit 9. Turn and knit all stitches. You'll then be on the other side from where you started. Repeat the 3, 6, 9 knit and turn pattern, then knit across back to the other side. Keep repeating until scarf is desired length. I used 2 skeins of worsted weight yarn. 

Here are the pics!
Vibrant blue with sparkles throughout. I love this color!

For a greater ruffled effect, they make yarn specifically for these types of scarf but I liked this yarn so I went with it.

Next in my knitting queue are the baby socks for my friend, with matching hat, and then I have some nice sock yarn begging for a turn.

I'm also reading Midnight Crossroads, by Charlaine Harris, and editing is about finished on "Ravens" so I'm waiting for cover art to be done. Look for a release date around mid-June.

I've been doing some editing and proof reading jobs (for other authors), which I love, so I'm eager to get more of those tasks lined up. 

In the meantime, I'm gearing up to complete "Straw Houses" and bracing myself for next weekend: graduation at the high school where I work. My stepson is also graduating so plenty to do next weekend for sure!

What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment