Monday, April 14, 2014

Technique: Type vs. Handwrite



My latest book, Conspiracy of Ravens, was the first book I have written longhand. I got the idea from reading a Tweet by Joe Hill. If you don't know Joe, you owe it to yourself to read his books. My favorite is called Horns; rumor has it that Horns will be a movie soon. But I digress...

So Joe Tweeted about these new leather bound journals and awesome pens he had gotten to write in. Then he said he always writes his books longhand. I thought I'd give it a try and WOW! I loved it. 


A friend had given me this journal and I decided to use it because it has a lot of pages. Even though the story is about a serial killer witch and not butterflies...


The long hand writing process was very rewarding because I was able to take the book with me everywhere and not have to lug my computer out every time I had an idea. Also I loved being able to do large chunks of editing when I typed my long hand pages later.

 I decided to do it again with my next book, a zombie apocalypse survival tale. I chose this journal to write it in:


I decided to use the phrase on the journal for the title of the book. It will make sense when you read it, I promise! 

Anyone read any good books lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment