Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"A Conspiracy of Ravens" is officially finished!

I finished it! Yay! There's always that Christmas morning feeling about finishing a book. I'm elated but also a little let down. I know there is still a lot of work to do, because of the nature of the beast. Endless editing...my nightmare! But the story is on paper and completed and that feels good. I always worry my books are too short, and I guess they might be, but surprisingly I'm just not as wordy as I suspected. I'm sure there will be room for more, the book is just shy of 50,000 words but I feel like the story makes up for the lack of volume. That's just me.


What will I do now? Well, I might take a little break, a week or so, before I obsess on the next thing. I don't think the voices in my head will let me but that's ok too. I've been missing my circus lately so I think that's Hailey trying to tell me to get it back in gear, that she's ready to keep going. I'm about halfway done with the sequel to Sideshow (called Straw Houses) and plan to have it finished by mid-summer for a publication date in the fall, October. Maybe a Halloween release date, wouldn't that be cool!?


I have several other things going too. Molly Goldfinch wants to find out what really happened to her father. Beethoven is insisting that he was not a monster to his nephew (sure Ludwig, whatever you say). And my dear friends over at the Hearts Compendium are dying to get on with it already. The suspense is killing them. So, you know, lots of writing in my future. Full steam ahead!


How is everyone else spending their Spring Break?



No comments:

Post a Comment