Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Want Peace for Christmas

I'm really struggling with what happened to all those kids in CT. I just read a story about how the first grade teacher hid her kids in cupboards and then told the gunman that they were in the gym, sacrificing her life. That was extremely brave; would I have the ability to be that brave if needed? I would like to think so. I keep hugging my precious daughters and imagining how those parents feel who can no longer do the same. I wish there was more that I could do for those families, and some way to stop thinking about this happening to my children. I can feel it becoming an obsession and it worries me, because I don't want to scare them, but I'm scared myself. This can happen anywhere, at any time. If there are resources available to help people cope with these situations, even when not directly involved as I am not, I would be happy to hear any suggestions. In the meantime, I will be sending all my positivite energy toward those families devestated by this event during this holiday season. I hope peace comes to them, one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment