Friday, August 29, 2014

Author Blog Host: James Patrick and Victor Tomaszek



Teaser: Blood Profit$-the blood of many for the profits of a few 

 

Interview questions:

 

Please tell us about your latest book.

 

Blood Profit$ - The Lithium Conspiracy is a fictional account of the corruption that takes place in the United States and with American companies operating internationally as part of the ‘military industrial complex.   Three corrupt senators keep the war going in Afghanistan because they personally own a company together with the East Coast mob to bid on and win lucrative government contracts to build roads, hospitals and schools in war-torn locations where U.S. troops are present; the company also provides mercenaries. 

 

Their underlying motive is mining valuable lithium and harvesting the poppy fields for the mob to turn into heroin and opium.   They have it as their goal to start a trumped-up war in Bolivia; Bolivia has the largest deposits of lithium.

 

Three courageous Gen Xers from different parts of the country, as well as opposing political backgrounds, work together to stop the profiteering. They work together to save the nation. 

 

How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing?

 

This is a work of pure fiction. I have a background in politics, but “Blood Profit$” is a work of fiction.  It’s a what-if tale, which should make people of all political persuasions think.

 

When did you first think about writing, and what prompted you to submit your first manuscript?

 

I’ve had the idea for the story for several years. I told my friend and co-writer, J. Victor Tomaszek, about my ideas. We started the outlines and first draft about two years ago.

 

We wrote the story via email, and had many political debates along the way. I live in Denton, Texas, just outside of Dallas, and J. Victor resides in the Chicago area; “Blood Profit$” was result of several late-night emails.

  

Generally, how long does it take you to write a book?

 

Twelve to 18 months.

 

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?

 

I go with the flow.

  

What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions?

 

Constant interruptions

 

What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?

  

Well, I write, listen to oldies music and play with my DJ equipment. I spend time with my animals, take rides with my wife and play with the grandkids.

 

Where do your ideas come from?

 

I am a sociologist and a political commentator, so the ideas just flow freely. My ideas are a composite of experience of over 60 years and my many years in the political and business arenas where people of all types exist.  I have always been somewhat of a futurist and been able to identify trends and changing mores and norms.  In the trilogy, J. Victor and I show the readers the strength of the three prime characters, and we let them mature as they face good and evil. 

 

What kind of research do you do?

 

I do a tremendous amount of Internet research and I’m a news junkie, which keeps me current on world events. I managed a major think tank for about five years, and that think tank tracked changes and prognosticated where elements of the economy, demographic footprints and social/political agendas might migrate.

I call upon my research processes to lead me where I need to go for the story.

 

Please tell us about yourself (family, hobbies, education, etc.):  Married for 45 years 3 adult children and 6 grandchildren, I am a graduate of the Harvard on the Ohio, University of Louisville with a Political Science Degree.

 

Fill in the blank favorites –

Dessert:  Ice cream

City:  Barcelona

Season:  Spring

Type of hero:  Understated and real

Type of heroine:  A very strong woman


What are some of your favorite things to do?

 

I love to sit and watch the animals on my alpaca ranch.

 

Who are some of your other favorite authors to read? Do you have a recommendation for those who are interested in reading your books?

 

Tom Clancy and Nelson DeMille


Among your own books, have you a favorite book? Favorite hero or heroine?

  

AJ represents a man of anger, who has to control his hate and is faced with the decision of taking the dark path.  He tries to understand what makes others tick so he can learn from their achievements and mistakes alike.  He is a humble person and not pretentious.  He is full of passion, and also full of empathy and cares about others. 


What book for you has been the easiest to write? The hardest? The most fun?

Blood Profit$ - The Lithium Conspiracy.  J. Victor and I are working on the second Blood Profit$ book now, so I’ll say that’s the most difficult.

Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting?

 

I see the whole thing visually, at one time



What is the hardest part of writing/the easiest for you?

 

Trying to collaborate via email with my co-author, and adjusting to his schedule and desires is a challenge, but do it.


Have you experienced writer's block---> If so, how did you work through it?

 

Well, when I have a block, I close my eyes and I see the characters interacting in the scenes.  It unfolds like a play, then everything comes into focus.

 

What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer?

 

It’s being able to bring characters to life.

 

If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?

 

I’d continue business consulting and add more professional-speaking engagements.

 

Are there any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?

 

Let it flow naturally.

 

What can we expect from you in the future? How many books have you written, how many have been published?

 

Books two and three of the Blood Profit$ saga will be published soon. We would love the whole saga to be a possible TV series on Netflix or a major motion picture; no one has asked for the TV or movie rights, but a couple of old guys can dream.

 


Five things readers want to know about you:

 

·        I was heavily involved in politics in my younger years.

·        I live on an alpaca ranch and own a bed and breakfast.

·        I was a radio commentator and DJ, after overcoming a stutter as a child.

·        I’ve traveled to 36 countries.

·        I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart for 45 years, and we have three children and 6 grandchildren.

 


http://www.bloodprofits.com

https://www.facebook.com/bloodprofits

No comments:

Post a Comment