Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Like Where This Is Going

Today was a writing day; a lot of writing, all day long. I noticed on my proof copy that they dropped a word in a sentence, and they didn't put the page numbers on the proof copy either. Something to do with transferring the eBook into print format, and possibly an error on my part. In any case, the book was pulled temporarily for fixes and will be back up tomorrow. AND.....here it is!

 
Please ignore the horrid floor; you'll recall in a post from long ago that we had to completely gut this house and, well, we haven't quite gotten around to the floors yet. But Emily's cover looks so good in print. It's so glossy! We spent some time collaborating on the next book's cover, as I was able to outline all of my chapters and write the first chapter today. That gives me a pretty good idea where it's going, although the characters sometimes make up their own minds partway through the story. I'm sure the cover we have come up with will work no matter what they do!

In other news, I have decided to install a new weekly rule in Vaughan Maison, and I am calling it simply The Reading Hour (like the Witching Hour, but not). For one hour, every Saturday, we will turn off computers, iPhones, iPods, Nooks, televisions, Xbox's, and any other electronic device. And we will gather in the living room with blankets, pillows, and warm beverages as needed, where we will all read silently for the entire hour. At the end of the hour, we can discuss our various stories, if we would like.

I'll be posting updates about The Reading Hour here, and listing the books we've read. This week's chosen books are:
Caleb: Sideshow, by Chrystal Vaughan
Chrystal: 20th Century Ghosts, by Joe Hill
Emily: The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
Madyson: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, by Robert C. O'Brien

And last but not least! There is a giveaway of my book on Goodreads. Just click here to enter! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment